Battery Planned Maintenance Program
Protect Your Investment!
You have a large investment, not only in your electric lift trucks, but also in your batteries and chargers. Are you taking the necessary steps to prolong the life of your batteries and chargers?
- Did you know that poor maintenance practices, such as the absence of regular scheduled preventative maintenance inspections, contribute to several factors that reduce battery life?
- Are you aware that a proper watering regimen is crucial to ensure maximum battery life and overall productivity? Reduced run times, hot batteries, and tray-to-ground shorts are all problems associated with poor watering procedures.
- Most people aren’t aware improper charging techniques are the second leading cause of premature battery failure. Both overcharging a battery as well as undercharging a battery will lead to decreased performance and reduced battery life.
- Improper maintenance, watering and charging procedures cannot only shorten the life of your battery, but can also lead to contactor, drive motor, and pump motor failure on your electric lift truck as well.
- With the capital investment on a new industrial battery being between $700.00 and $6,000.00, instituting a Battery Planned Maintenance Program can reduce your overall investment as well as extend the life of your batteries and chargers.
Our company offers a quality Battery Planned Maintenance (PM) service that will protect your investment. An appropriate service frequency can be established for you by one of our professionals and put into an accurate scheduling system (8 or 12 or 16 week intervals).